How To Make a Pocketbook Favor Box?
In the world of creative favor boxes, every other box is so different from another. Each box design is creatively made to give an impact to the receiver of that particular design. Creative party favor boxes help the host to make a mark in the minds and hearts of the guests. Let’s assume you are throwing up a party for your 8-year-old daughter and it is her birthday bash in which you have invited his classmates and her friends and their parents. You are trying your best to organize this party on your own and making a note of each and every detail so that it becomes a perfect one for your child.
You already know that his favorite cartoon character is Dora and thus complete party is designed on that theme. You are very thankful for the guests who have shown interest in coming up and so you want to give a favor for them which is something unique. It must have the candies and toys for the children but you don’t want to get it out of the theme. Having said that you can make a really beautiful and eye-catching favor box which has the Dora theme and can store as many favors as you would wish. Yes, we are talking about Pocketbook favor boxes.
What are those? They are boxes a little bigger than usual size of favor box with a flap opening on top Sometimes with a handle to hold or with a ribbon to tie on. They may sometimes look like a paper purse holding all your yummy flavors in it. They look best on birthdays and other children parties and are loved by all the kids around especially girls.
Here are some steps to the DIY pocketbook favor box which can be made at home.
Materials You Will Need:
• 12 x 12 Scrapbook Paper
• Toothpick (or Scoring Tool)
• Small Hole Punch
• 3″ Strip of Ribbon or Pipe Cleaners
• Embellishments, Glue Dots or Stickers
1. Cut out your paper into three 4″ wide strips.
2. Flip the paper upside down to mark and score the paper starting from the right side. You can use a toothpick to score the paper.
3. Measurements are 1″, 3″, 2″ (this will be the bottom), 3″ and the rest will be the pocketbook flap.
4. Fold the paper and punch 2 holes into the top of the purse for the strap.
5. Add ribbon into the holes for the strap. Tie a knot in the ribbon under the flap and cut off any extra.
6. Trim your paper book flap into a shape and add embellishments that decorate the entire purse (wherever needed), glue dot to hold the flap in place.
7. Use a glue dot to hold a bag of goodies into the pocketbook for party favors.
8. You can further add on the pictures or graphics related to the theme of the party on the front end of the pocketbook.
Colorful favor boxes are an eye catcher whether they are in any shape and size or kept at any sort of party. They do add your decoration. They look cute and unique and add color to your party. They are loved by children of all ages. Some party organizers also create the boxes in wholesale for different themed parties. You can grab as many favor boxes wholesale as you want and make the birthday bash a successful one!