How to Make a Good Cardboard Boat?
It's the beginning of summer! a small boat could be a great fun while playing with water at home, parties or anywhere else. A market plastic boat is expensive! why not make one at home like a real boat which actually floats on water to impress your family and friends. It could be a great excitement for you to know that in this project, you'll learn to make any kind of boat with the cardboard.
Let's do it practically like a professional boat maker only in two minutes.
The material you need: You can easily get these materials around your home. Get a Cardboard, Waterproof tape (Duct tape), Scissor, Newspaper, wood sticks, string, ruler, pencil, and the rest of decoration material around your room.
Draw & Build the Bottom Body of the Boat:
- Take a 16 " long and 10" wide piece of cardboard.
- Imagine and make the basic shape of a boat. Draw a rectangle have two vertical lines 10" long and the other two horizontal lines 6" wide.
- Draw two more 4" lines on its long side away from you in a "V" shape to make a triangle on the front of the boat.
- Carefully Cut that drawn structure from the cardboard piece with a scissor.
Draw & Build Upper Body of the Boat:
- Draw and cut two 17" long and 2" wide piece of cardboard contains a slope top-to-down for boat side walls. Remind slope should have an upper portion from 13" -17".
- Join these flaps at the boat edges using a glue. Use tape to strengthen wall with the boat bottom tray.
- Measure and cut a 2" long and 7" wide piece of cardboard. Turn its both edges 1/2 inches down and glue in the back portion of the back engine cover.
- Measure and cut a 6" long and 5" wide piece of cardboard. Turn its both long edges 1 inches down and glue it in the center as a center seat.
- Measure and cut a triangular piece of cardboard have 5" wide base and two 5" parallel line.Fold its both parallel edges 1 inches and glue on the front triangle section of the boat.
- Tie three wood sticks into a triangle, have all three equal sides 5" long. Glue a plastic sheet inside the triangle. Now tie a 10" long stick to support triangle and insert it into a hole located in a center seat on the boat.
Make it Able to Float on the Water:
Simply coat the entire outside of the boat with a newspaper and spar varnish. Repeat the same process for 4 times to make boat capable of floating on water.
- Use a foam brush and Glue, water mixture to coat the whole boat with newspaper for coloring and designing process.
- Use a wood-brown color to paint a whole boat. Paint a white line in the middle of side walls.
- You can also add your final touch with the rest of other decorative material such as glitter, ribbon, crafted creatures etc.
Attention! Don’t choose a rough cardboard piece for making that boat. Because the whole structure depends on the cardboard. If you don’t find a plain & good cardboard piece around you, don’t get disappointed, You’ll be incredible to know that these boxes are the most customizing one! used to package any kind of product. You can easily get them from your most products packaging. Do you interested to know, what are these boxes and how they become an emperor in the packaging industry?
Basically, cardboard boxes are fully personalized with the corrugated layers resist any kind of jerks & jump during shipment for ensuring a convenient shipment. Moreover, these boxes are highly compatible with advanced printing and designing techniques, which are highly benefited in product advertising and brand promotion purposes. Somehow, if you want to buy them, you can easily get these product packaging boxes by the online retailers.
For more information, please visit TheCustomBoxes for a wide variety of custom cardboard packaging boxes.